DEPRESSION AND LOW MOOD
How are you feeling today? Really.... how are you today? Low mood? Desperate? Depressed? Can't get out of bed? Feeling life is on top of you?
Some signs and symptoms of depression and low mood include:
* Feelings of helplessness and hopelessness
* Sleep problems (e.g. disturbed sleep, waking up early, wanting to sleep all the time, difficulties getting up etc.)
* Feelings of guilt and/or shame
* Changes in appetite (eating more or less than usual)
* Feelings of anger or agitation
* Using alcohol, drugs or smoking more
* Withdrawing from family, friends, work, life
* Problems concentrating or focusing
* Loss of interest or motivation in things that used to interest you
* Dread in facing the world
* 'Dark' thoughts (e.g. ending your life, thoughts of death, not wanting to exist anymore, harming yourself etc.)
* No energy or feeling tired or lethargic all the time
Remember, some people will have all of these symptoms, some people with have some and some will have other symptoms that might not be on this list. We are all different.
If life is getting difficult and you are feeling low, depressed, helpless, have 'dark' thoughts, are feeling numb or overly emotional or you feel you are juggling too much or struggling to cope, please know that you are not alone.
Our therapists and counsellors are there to listen, talk to, support you and can help you to work towards coping with things, improving your mood and making life a bit better.
We go at your pace and work to your needs, goals and tailor therapy and counselling to you, as much as possible.
We currently in-person and online appointments available and appointments can be weekly, fortnightly or monthly - you are in the driving seat and we tailor therapy to suit your individual needs and situation.
Take care of yourself today and get in touch to find out how our therapists and counsellors, Alexandra, Amanda, Fiona, Gayle, Jamie, Julie, Naz, Shirley and Sue can support you.
Citizen17 Therapy, CBT and Counselling Services