Experienced Counsellor/Psychotherapist/Psychologist: Glasgow Anxiety and Depression Counselling Service (GADS)
Please note this position may close at any time, therefore, early submission of your application is highly encouraged.
The GADS team is growing and we are experiencing an increased demand for our services. We are looking to recruit another suitably qualified and experienced psychotherpist, counsellor, CBT therapist or psychologist to join the team to provide psychotherapy, counselling, support and therapy sessions to clients. This is based in our offices in Glasgow city centre (in-person appointments), although there is the opportunity to see see some clients online and at other times.
This role is NOT suitable for newly qualified practitioners (1-3 years). We are looking for experienced practitioners.
We are looking to see a minimum of 5-6 clients per week (although other work will be available here and at our other should you want extra clients ). We do all the admin, advertising, getting the clients, arranging appointments, answering enquiries etc. - your role is to provide therapy sessions with the clients we refer to you.
This is a sessional self-employed affiliate role, however, you are very much part of a team and your will receive various benefits and discounts as part of your role. We regularly check in with affiliates and you will have access to individual and group supervision, networking events, discounts, updates and more. This is a flexible role that you can fit around your other commitments.
Here's some of the abilities, skills and experiences we are looking for:
- Qualified therapist/counsellor/psychotherapist/psychologist (all modalities considered). We would also like to hear from practitioners with training in DBT too (if possible). We work from an integrative model, and prefer practitioners to tailor sessions as much as possible to each client's needs and way of working;
- Qualified for at least 3-4 years;
- Experience of working with anxiety and depression, as well as a range of other concerns (as you will receive clients from our other practices too);
- Preferable that you have worked with at least over 30 different individual clients experiencing anxiety and depression.
- Be willing to work face-to-face in our offices in Glasgow city centre (although some online appointments might be offered too).
- You must have current professional and public indemnity insurance, PVG/Disclosure, membership of a counselling/health/psychotherapy/psychology professional body, current ICO Data Protection certificate and HMRC self-employment registration is required (or be willing to achieve these)
Here's what we can offer:
- Friendly, supportive and encouraging team
- Comfortable working environment within luxury, well-equipped consulting rooms in Glasgow city centre
- Flexible working arrangements that you can fit around other commitments
- Fee annual membership to The CBT'ers Club and Glasgow and West Eating Disorders Networking Group; discounted clinical supervision (should you wish to work with our supervisor); access to 3-4 free support and supervision groups for affiliates, per year; team meetings; welcome gift; opportunity to pick up extra client work; invites to events; other opportunities; and referrals from our other two practices, should you want them; free networking events; support from the team - you are not alone
*START DATE: as soon as possible*
Contact us for a Role Description and Application Form or if you have any questions or need any further information information. Plese note that we do not accept CVs and these will not be considered. We look forward to hearing from you.
Application deadline: 12/04/2021
Expected start date: 30/04/2021
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £31.00-£45.00 per hour
We have had legal paperwork (practitioner and client/patient consent forms) drawn up regarding COVID-19 safe guidelines, as well as weekly risk assessments, regular cleaning and other safety and hygiene precautions in place to minimise risk.
- Remote interview process
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitisation, disinfection or cleaning procedures in place