Experienced Counsellor/Psychotherapist/Psychologist: Adult Eating Disorders
You will see clients at our offices in Glasgow city centre
Please note this position may close at any time before the closing date, therefore, early submission of your application is highly encouraged.
Talking EDs: Eating Disorders Support Service Scotland seek to recruit a suitable psychotherapist, counsellor or psychologist to join our friendly, supportive team of psychotherapists, counsellors, mental health practitioners and dieticians. We are currently a team of 11. We are looking for an Affiliate Psychotherapist/Counsellor/Psychologist: Adult Eating Disorders to provide in-person therapy and counselling appointments at our offices in Glasgow city centre.
This role is not suitable for newly qualified therapists (0-3 years) or those with little or no experience of eating disorders.
We are looking for someone to see our clients for one of the available clinic times below. We request that Affiliates commit to seeing at least 5 clients per week during one of the clinics below. Other work will be available here and at our other non-eating disorder practices, should you want extra clients. We need a practitioner who can see clients during one of a blocks of time/clinics below (although you can spread clients across the days/times below, if you prefer):
- Monday mornings, 8am-12pm
- Monday afternoons/evenings: 4pm-9pm
- Thursdays, 11am-9pm (various slots available during this time
- Fridays, 3pm-9pm (various slots available during this time)
- Saturdays, 1pm-9pm (various slots available during this time)
- Sundays, various slots available all day
You can choose which of these appointment slots suits you and we will set up a clinic for you during those times to see clients.
We do all the admin, advertising/marketing, getting the clients, arranging appointments, answering enquiries etc. - your role is to provide therapy sessions with the clients we refer to you.
This is a sessional self-employed role, however, you are very much part of a team and you will receive various benefits and discounts as part of your role. We regularly check in with Affiliates and you will have access to individual and group supervision, networking events, discounts, updates and more. This is a flexible role that you can fit around your other commitments.
Here's some of the abilities, skills and experiences we are looking for:
- Qualified therapist/counsellor/psychotherapist/psychologist (all modalities considered). We would also like to hear from practitioners with training in DBT too. We work from an integrative model, and prefer practitioners to tailor sessions as much as possible to each client's needs and way of working;
- This role is NOT suitable for newly qualified clinicians (e.g. under 3 years) or for those who don't have substantial experience working directly with eating disorder clients/patients;
- Qualified for at least 3 years;
- Experience of working with at least 2-3 different forms of eating disorder/disordered eating (e.g. BED, AN, BN, compulsive overeating, emotional eating, purging disorder, restrictive eating, orthorexia, NES etc.);
- Ability to work with adults (and young people (12-16) if possible):
- We are a specialist service, so you must have significant experience working with individuals experiencing difficult relationships with food/eating disorders. If you don't have the experience, this role isn't for you;
- Preferable that you have worked with at least over 30 different individual clients experiencing eating disorders or problems with food and eating. Our clients are looking for therapists who have lots of experience working with eating disorders/disordered eating.
- Some additional experience in the fields of eating disorders is desirable (but not essential (e.g. group-work, training, campaigning, support work, research etc.);
- Be willing to work in-person at our offices in Glasgow;
- Current professional and public indemnity insurance, PVG/Disclosure, membership of a counselling/health/psychotherapy/psychology professional body, current ICO Data Protection certificate and HMRC self-employment registration is required (or be willing to achieve these)
Here's what we can offer:
(please note that those provding CBT-T will receive higher rates. Rates are also higher for any insurance and corporate clients you see)
- Friendly, supportive and encouraging team
- Comfortable working environment within luxury, well-equipped consulting rooms in Glasgow city centre (for those applying for the in-person position)
- Flexible working arrangements that you can fit around other commitments
- Fee annual membership to the Eating Disorder Therapist Networking Group;
- Discounted clinical supervision (should you wish to work with our supervisor);
Access to 3-4 free support and supervision groups for affiliates, per year;
to pick up extra client work; invites to events; other opportunities;
and referrals from our other two practices, should you want them;
- Free networking events;
- Support from the team - you are not alone
* INTERVIEWS: week beginning 1st November 2021
* START DATE: mid of November 2021/asap*
Contact us for a Role Description and Application Form or if you have
any questions or need any further information information. Plese note
that we do not accept CVs and these will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Talking EDs: Eating Disorder Support Service Scotland