Skip to main content

Monday Motivation: My Body

 Monday Motivation: My Body


Hope you like this weeks #MondayMotivation! It's a lovely insightful poem that we have read at the end of our former support groups a few times. It's called 'My Body' by Marianne Elliott. Hope you like it too!

'My Body'

''My body has taught me
what feels good and what doesn’t.
When I need kindness
and when I need rest.
She’s taught me to slow down,
and to use all my senses to wander this world.
She’s taught me about patience,
even though I’m used to running her to the ground
or condemning her for supposed flaws.
She’s taught me forgiveness.
She’s taught me that I am resilient,
even though I often forget that I am.
My body has taught me the beauty of laughter,
a piece of music,
a balmy wind against my face
and the soothing warmth of green tea with honey.
She’s let me release pentup powerful emotions,
pen stories and create art that I am proud of.
She’s taught me how to listen
and care for my needs,
especially when sickness strikes like it has this week.
She’s taught me that I am a warrior,
and that it’s OK on the days I am not.
My body has taught me to express love
and to experience it.
She’s taught me that pain is fleeting,
and to try again.
She’s taught me that I am a legacy,
centuries of memories and heritage running through my veins.
While I’ll keep forgetting and re-learning these lessons,
I am oh-so grateful for this body of mine
for carrying me
when all I wanted was to be anywhere else
but in my own skin
when I yearned to abandon and escape my body
and did on many days.
Thank you.
Thank you.
Thank you''.

Best wishes,

Alexandra
Talking EDs: Eating Disorder Support Service Scotland 
Glasgow Anxiety and Depression Counselling Service (GADS)
Citizen17 Therapy, CBT and Counselling Service
Glasgow Therapy Room
s


www.eatingdisorderscotland.co.uk
www.glasgowanxietydepression.co.uk
www.citizen17therapy.co.uk
www.glasgowtherapyrooms.co.uk
 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VACANCY: EATING DISORDERS THERAPIST/COUNSELLOR/CBT THERAPIST (ADULTS AND/OR CHILDREN) - GLASGOW CITY CENTRE

  Psychotherapist/CBT Therapist/Counsellor: Child and/or Adult Eating Disorders (over 16s) (all modalities welcome to apply)  We also welcome applications from specialist eating disorder therapists who can also work with under 16s as we have demand for this. So, if you can work with children and adults, please also apply. Please STATE IF YOU ARE APPLYING for OVER 16s ONLY or CHILDREN AND ADULTS. CLOSING DATE: MONDAY 2nd June 2025, 5PM INTERVIEWS: W/B 9th June 2025 START DATE: BY END OF June 2025 (following induction training and clinic viewing/induction) You will see clients at our offices in Glasgow city centre. This is NOT an online role so please do not apply if you cannot work with clients at our clinic in Glasgow city centre.This role is NOT SUITABLE for international candidates. Please contact email us on support@eatingdisorderscotland.co.uk for a Role Description and Application Form. We do not accept CVs.   ROLE DESCRIPTION Talking EDs: Eating Disorders Suppo...

Attention all therapists and counsellors working in Glasgow!

Attention all therapists and counsellors working in Glasgow!   We offer therapy and consulting room hire in Glasgow city centre (discount for your first 3 months).   But did you know we all offer a range of other services to psychotherapists, counsellors, psychologists and other mental health professionals including clinical supervision, supervision groups, networking clubs, discounted therapy and dietitian services, private practice coaching and mentoring and more.   Get in touch today to find out more!   Best wishes,    Glasgow Therapy Rooms     CONTACT W: www.glasgowtherapyrooms.co.uk E: contact@glasgowtherapyrooms.co.uk      

Learning more about my relationship with food

Learning more about my relationship with food     ''Learning more about my relationship with food in therapy and where that came from not only helped me to see it wasn't my fault I had an eating disorder: it motivated me to do something about it and my therapist really supported me to make those changes'' (Previous Client) . We are here to support you to make the changes you want and need in your life, regardless of what form the eating disorder takes, your weight, how much you eat/don't eating, how you feel, what age you are and hoe long you have been struggling. If life is difficult and you want some support to improve that, our skilled, encouraging and professional therapists and dietitians are here to work with you and your personal and individual needs, concerns and preferences.    We offer in-person appointments in Glasgow city centre and online appointments to anyone in the UK - we're not restricted to working with people in Scotland only.    Get in ...